AntonovkaStandard apple rootstock
|Country of origin:||Russia|
Antonovka is a rootstock that can be produced from seed. It is cold hardy as far north as Alaska. The tree has been known to live up to 100 years.
Antonovka rootstock characteristics
- Vigour % of standard100%
- Rootstock size classStandard
- PrecocitySlow to start bearing
- Cold hardiness (USDA)(3) -40F / -40C
- Country of originRussia
- Period of origin1850 - 1899
- Fire blightSome resistance
- ScabSome resistance
- Burr knotsFew
- Collar rotSome resistance
- Crown rotSome resistance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.