MM109Vigorous apple rootstock
|Developed by:||East Malling Research Center and John Innes Institute|
|Country of origin:||United Kingdom|
|Parentage:||M2 x Northern Spy|
Despite MM.109's tendency to lean, it has been found to tolerate low to medium soil fertility in warmer places such as South Africa.
MM109 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilityApple
- Vigour % of standard70% - 105%
- Rootstock size classVigorous
- Support requiredTemporary support, Permanent support
- DeveloperJohn Innes Horticultural Institute, East Malling Research Station
- Country of originUnited Kingdom
- Woolly aphidSome resistance
- Collar rotSome susceptibility
- Replant complexSome tolerance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.