P.16Very-dwarf apple rootstock
|Developed by:||Research Institute of Pomology and Ornamentals, Skierniewice, Poland|
|Country of origin:||Poland|
P.16 rootstock is smaller than M.9 but with less brittle roots. It also works as an interstem.
P.16 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilityApple
- Vigour % of standard20% - 30%
- Rootstock size classVery dwarf
- Support requiredPermanent support
- Country of originPoland
- Fire blightVery susceptible
- Collar rotVery susceptible
- Crown rotSome resistance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.