Weiroot 53®Dwarf cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Technical University of Munich, Institute for Fruit Growing, Weihenstephan|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus cerasus seedling|
This rootstock should only be grown in good soils to prevent growth problems. Properly managed, this rootstock can provide high early yields with good fruit size.
Weiroot 53 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard30% - 50%
- Rootstock size classDwarf
- Support requiredPermanent support
- DeveloperTechnical University of Munich
- Country of originGermany
- Period of origin1950 - 1999
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.