Weiroot 72®Dwarf cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Technical University of Munich, Institute for Fruit Growing, Weihenstephan|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus cerasus seedling|
This rootstock requires excellent soil and optimum tree nutrition and water management to maintain fruit quality.
Weiroot 72 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard25% - 30%
- Rootstock size classDwarf
- Support requiredPermanent support
- DeveloperTechnical University of Munich
- Country of originGermany
- Period of origin1950 - 1999
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.