Weiroot 154®Semi-dwarf cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Technical University of Munich, Institute for Fruit Growing, Weihenstephan|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus cerasus seedling|
Weiroot 154 does best on good soils. No support is necessary. It has moderate vigor. It is sensitive to Prune Dwarf Virus and Prunus Necrotic Ringspot Virus.
Weiroot 154 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard50% - 60%
- Rootstock size classSemi-dwarf
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperTechnical University of Munich
- Country of originGermany
- Period of origin1950 - 1999
- Root suckersFew
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.