Weiroot 158®Semi-dwarf cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Technical University of Munich, Institute for Fruit Growing, Weihenstephan|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus cerasus seedling|
Weiroot 158 is the most popular ‘Weiroot®’ stock in Germany. It exhibits good precocity, although somewhat less than ‘Gisela® 5’.
Weiroot 158 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard40% - 60%
- Rootstock size classSemi-dwarf
- Support requiredTemporary support
- DeveloperTechnical University of Munich
- Country of originGermany
- Period of origin1950 - 1999
- Root suckersFew
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.