CAB-11ESemi-vigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||University of Bologna|
|Country of origin:||Italy|
In a Hungarian high-density planting trial in a hot, dry, low precipitation climate, ‘CAB-11E’ was very productive, had moderate vigor and size, had good yield efficiency, good fruit size and a tendency to a more spreading canopy.
CAB-11E rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard70%
- Rootstock size classSemi-vigorous
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperUniversity of Bologna
- Country of originItaly
- Root knot nematodeSome resistance
- Root suckersMany
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.