Compact MahalebTMSemi-vigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||University of California Davis Plant Breeding Center|
|Country of origin:||United States|
Compact Mahaleb is productive, has better uniformity than ‘Mahaleb’ seedling and induces slightly earlier fruiting of sweet cherry scions compared to Mahaleb seedling.
Compact Mahaleb rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard75% - 80%
- Rootstock size classSemi-vigorous
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperUniversity of California Davis Plant Breeding Center
- Country of originUnited States
- Period of origin2000
- PhytophthoraSome resistance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.