Gisela 12®Semi-vigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Gisela Inc|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus cerasus x Prunus canescens|
‘Gisela® 12’ tree structure is open, spreading and stocky with flat branch angles. ‘Gisela® 12’ has wide soil adaptability, does well on heavy soils and has slight tolerance to wet soil.
Gisela 12 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard55% - 75%
- Rootstock size classSemi-vigorous
- Support requiredTemporary support
- DeveloperGisela Inc.
- Country of originGermany
- PhytophthoraSome susceptibility
- Bacterial cankerSome susceptibility
- Honey / Oak root fungusSome susceptibility
- Crown GallSome resistance
- Root suckersNone
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.