P-HL-A®Semi-vigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry|
|Developed by:||Research and Breeding Institute of Pomology, Holovousy|
|Country of origin:||Czech Republic|
|Parentage:||Prunus avium x Prunus cerasus|
P-HL-A Induces very early fruiting and high yields. It is suitable for higher density orchards and slender spindle systems. Anchorage is poor, so trees must be supported. The life cycle of the orchard is 20 to 25 years.
P-HL-A rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry
- Vigour % of standard60%
- Rootstock size classSemi-vigorous
- Support requiredPermanent support
- DeveloperResearch and Breeding Institute of Pomology, Holovousy
- Country of originCzech Republic
- Honey / Oak root fungusSome susceptibility
- Crown GallSome susceptibility
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.