MxM 2®Standard cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Lyle Brooks, Daybreak Nursery, Oregon|
|Country of origin:||United States|
|Parentage:||Mahaleb x Mazzard|
MxM 2 is moderately precocious. It adapts well to a wide range of soils and is considered the best rootstock for heavy, shallow soils and performs better than ‘Mazzard’ in clay soils.
MxM 2 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard105%
- Rootstock size classStandard
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperDaybreak Nursery
- Country of originUnited States
- Honey / Oak root fungusSome resistance
- Root suckersFew
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.