PIKU 3®Vigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry|
|Developed by:||Pillnitz Research Station|
|Country of origin:||Germany|
|Parentage:||Prunus pseudocerasus x (Prunus canescens x Prunus incisa)|
The most important advantages of this vigorous rootstock are regularly high yields over many years. It is well-anchored, with a few suckers.
PIKU 3 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry
- Vigour % of standard80% - 100%
- Rootstock size classVigorous
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperPillnitz Research Station
- Country of originGermany
- Period of origin2000
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.