StallionVigorous cherry rootstock
|Used for:||Sweet cherry|
|Developed by:||East Malling Research Center|
|Country of origin:||United Kingdom|
Stallion is resistant to Bacterial Canker and Phytophthora. It has a wide range of soil adaptability including heavy wet soils with good anchorage.
Stallion rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilitySweet cherry
- Vigour % of standard70% - 90%
- Rootstock size classVigorous
- Support requiredFree-standing
- DeveloperEast Malling Research Station
- Country of originUnited Kingdom
- Bacterial cankerSome resistance
- Collar rotSome resistance
- Crown rotSome resistance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.