AdaraStandard stone fruit rootstock
|Used for:||Japanese plum, Peach, Sweet cherry, Sour cherry|
|Developed by:||Estación Experimental de Aula Dei (EEAD),|
|Country of origin:||Spain|
Adara is often used as an interstem in sweet cherries in Spain to overcome incompatibility problems. It also performs well in calcareous soil.
Adara rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilityJapanese plum, Peach, Sweet cherry, Sour cherry
- Vigour % of standard100%
- Rootstock size classStandard
- Country of originSpain
- Dagger nematodeSome resistance
- Root knot nematodeVery resistant
- Replant complexSome tolerance
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.