- See also:
- Intermediate dwarf10
M8Dwarf M9 class rootstock
|Developed by:||East Malling Research Station|
|Country of origin:||United Kingdom|
M.8 is smaller than ‘M.9’ but its roots are not as brittle. It needs ssupport and is about as hardy as ‘Alnarp 2’.
M8 rootstock characteristics
- Species compatibilityApple
- Vigour % of standard30%
- Rootstock size classDwarf
- Support requiredPermanent support
- DeveloperEast Malling Research Station
- Country of originUnited Kingdom
- Period of origin1900 - 1949
Find our more about this rootstock in the 'Manual of Worldwide Temperate Zone Fruit and Nut Tree Rootstocks'.